Do you want to... Fulfill why you got into Usability/user research in the first place? Work on products that really make a difference? Find a high-energy, dynamic work environment where development cycles are short and you are exposed to a wide variety of challenges?
Product Creation Studio is looking for a highly qualified Senior UX Researcher to drive a user-centered design process in the development of medical, consumer and industrial products. As a usability researcher/engineer you will assume ownership of all usability and human factors project tasks and deliverables, including conducting user research and user evaluations. You must be able to integrate with the team, work in tandem with design and all engineering disciplines, and be an advocate for the user throughout the product development process.
We are seeking a self-motivated, talented, and exceptional Senior UX Researcher to fill a vital role in our expanding team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Applied Psychology, or Engineering discipline, or related equivalent experience and/or education.
- 8+ years of experience conducting user research and user testing on physical and software based products.
- Applied knowledge of industry best practices with regards to application of usability and human factors to product development.
- Ability to plan and execute user research and analyze the results to present insights to project and client teams.
- Ability to plan and execute user evaluations with product prototypes, and analyze the results to present insights to project and client teams.
- Ability to analyze product use through task analysis or functional decomposition to understand the detailed user interactions with the product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels.
- Working knowledge of human physiology, perception and cognition capabilities including memory, visual capabilities, cognitive load, etc.
- Experience conducting user research and user evaluations for heath care and medical devices.
- Client service based experience.
- Applied knowledge of IEC 62366 (Application of usability engineering to medical devices), and current FDA Guidance on Human Factors and Usability as it applies to medical device product development.
To apply, please send your resume to UEjobs@productcreationstudio.com and include Senior UX Researcher in the subject line.
About Product Creation Studio:
Product Creation Studio is an integrated product development consultancy. We fuse our passion and expertise in strategic design and precision engineering to create, innovate, and solve complex challenges for our clients across the consumer, medical, and industrial fields. From burgeoning start-ups to top-tiered companies, we make products happen.
Our office is located in beautiful downtown Seattle, right next to Lake Union. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, FSA, 401k, in addition to a creative, friendly work environment.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants on any basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.