Product Creation Studio is an award winning, fast-paced, full-service product development firm located in Seattle’s booming South Lake Union tech center. We are searching for an exceptional senior electrical engineering R&D technician, to join our dynamic and talented team. Our diverse group moves ideas from sketch to reality with a wide range of clients. We are obsessed with creating inspiring products that enhance people’s lives for consumer, research, industrial and medical applications and we have fun doing it!
You are a senior level technician that works closely with the electrical and mechanical engineering team and loves brining new products to life. PCS is a collaborative environment where good ideas can come from anyone. We work in an open studio where you will work directly with and support senior design staff and our full array of engineers.
- Procure and kit components, assemble, test, and troubleshoot electronic and mechanical prototypes.
- Design and build fixtures for test and development platforms.
- Troubleshoot and repair damaged circuit boards.
- Modify/rework electrical and mechanical assemblies.
- Develop and capture prototype assembly and test procedures.
- Work closely with engineering to develop and execute test plans and help identify solutions to design problems.
- Assist with the development of factory functional test procedures.
- Maintain electronics lab and shop equipment and maintain stock of consumables and tools.
- Assist with software and hardware quality assurance testing
- 5+ years as an electronics technician supporting product development.
- High school diploma minimum requirement with an associate degree and postsecondary technical training preferred.
- Good trouble-shooting skills. Laboratory notebook recording skill a plus.
- Demonstrated soldering skills of fine pitch surface mount and though hole components.
- Competent using schematics to determine operation and to aid in troubleshooting.
- Able to utilize circuit board layout assembly drawings and use circuit board layout viewer tools.
- Ability to use standard electrical test measuring equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, power supplies and data acquisition equipment.
- Have good mechanical assembly skills and able to use standard hand tools.
- Passion for the details and workmanship.
Other skills/passions/experience considered
- Programming ability with Visual Basic, C, LabView or other scripting languages supporting lab automation.
Product Creation Studio is an integrated product design and development consultancy. We fuse our passion and expertise in producing artistic design and precision engineering to create, innovate, and solve complex challenges for our clients across the consumer, medical, and industrial fields. From burgeoning start-ups to top-tier companies, we make products happen.
We offer a benefits package, including medical/vision/dental and 401k.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.