Do you want to... Fulfill why you got into design? Work on products that make a difference? Find a dynamic work environment where you can shape the future of products?
At Product Creation Studio, our usability and design group is seeking a talented, empathetic, and enthusiastic designer to join our team.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for creatively solving client challenges across a variety of industries - consumer, medical, and industrial. You will be asked to innovate on hard problems and achieve beautiful market ready solutions. You will create and lead hardware designs, work closely with engineers and product managers, and be a front line contributor to our next generation portfolio.
- BS/BA in Industrial Design or similar discipline (or equivalent)
- 5+ years’ of professional industry work experience
- An emotionally captivating portfolio showcasing beautiful designs, storytelling, and technical problem solving
- Experience in growing and guiding designs within a collaborative multidisciplinary environment
- Strong professional experience in CAD and rendering software tools (SolidWorks, KeyShot, etc.)
- Proficiency in the latest graphic and creative suites (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of modern design processes and manufacturing techniques (+ how to apply them early stage)
- A sense of design trends and a desire to push them forward
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and external clients
- Experience with human centered design processes and methodologies (user-studies, user-research, etc.) and familiarity with making data driven design decisions
- Balanced thought processes (beauty and functionality)
- Design versatility and preference for working on a wide array of projects
- Self-starter with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations (not afraid to fail and learn)
- Experience in home health and/or medical device development
To apply for the Industrial Designer position, please send your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'Senior Industrial Designer' in the subject line.
*** Please Note: We ask that you kindly refrain from follow up emails once your application has been submitted. Due to the volume of applications and our team size we can only reply to successful candidates.***
About Product Creation Studio:
Product Creation Studio is an integrated product development consultancy. We fuse our passion and expertise in strategic design and precision engineering to create, innovate, and solve complex challenges for our clients across the consumer, medical, and industrial fields. From burgeoning start-ups to top-tiered companies, we make products happen.
Our office is located in beautiful downtown Seattle, right next to Lake Union. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, FSA, 401k, in addition to a creative, friendly work environment.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants on any basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.