Sr Embedded software engineer
Do you want to... Fulfill why you got into engineering in the first place? Work on products that really make a difference? Find a high-energy, dynamic work environment where development cycles are short and you are exposed to a wide variety of technologies?
At Product Creation Studio, we are seeking a self-motivated, talented, and exceptional Senior Embedded Software Engineer to fill a vital role in our expanding development team.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer position includes a wide range of responsibilities throughout the product development lifecycle including requirements validation and capture, task scoping, architecture, implementation, testing, and manufacturing support. The Embedded Software Engineer will provide feature upgrades to existing products and assist in the development of new projects. You will work well both individually and on multi developer projects.
You will design and implement software for execution on custom embedded platforms, including drivers and board support packages and participate in system architecture design, including RTOS and processor, microcontroller, and peripheral selection decisions
Applicable areas of technical expertise include register level interfacing, RTOS integration, version control systems and configuration management, unit test, C, C++, C# programming languages, Bluetooth and BLE, I2C, SPI, single wire and multi wire serial and parallel interfaces, IoT security considerations, power management, low power considerations, real-time coding, implementation on resource constrained 8-bit microcontrollers up to high performance memory rich 32-bit systems, implementations with hardware timers, PWMs, ADCs, DACs, and IMUs.
Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and support multiple competing tasks
Effective communicator both internally and with outside clients.
Be an effective mentor and collaborator providing guidance and oversight to junior engineers
Effectively validate and capture requirements, architect and develop software using best practice development process and coding standards.
Able to read and understand digital system schematics along with peripheral and processor data sheets in order to develop requirements for drivers and hardware specific features.
Able to effectively lead and participate in design reviews and code reviews
Effectively collaborate with other team members. Both supportive and receptive to input from others
Familiar with best practices and structured development process
- Eight years of professional experience developing and debugging real-time firmware for production products
- 4 year degree in computer science or electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong C and C++ programming skills.
- Some electronics knowledge with the ability to debug digital subsystems using electronic test equipment such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Experience with bare metal programming and one or more RTOSs (e.g. FreeRTOS, uC/OS)
- Experience with custom board bring-up and troubleshooting hardware-software integration issues.
- Expertise with common embedded tool chains (e.g. GCC, Keil, IAR, CCS) and version control systems (e.g. SVN or Git)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Solid understanding and experience in software engineering methodologies and best practices
- Desirable to have experience developing software for medical equipment using IEC 62304 compliant development processes.
To apply for the Senior Embedded Software Engineer position, please send your resume to Mike Kahn at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'Embedded Software Engineer' in the subject line.
About Product Creation Studio:
Product Creation Studio is an integrated product development consultancy. We fuse our passion and expertise in strategic design and precision engineering to create, innovate, and solve complex challenges for our clients across the consumer, medical, and industrial fields. From burgeoning start-ups to top-tiered companies, we make products happen.
Our office is located in beautiful downtown Seattle, right next to Lake Union. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, FSA, 401k, in addition to a creative, friendly work environment.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants on any basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.