Product Creation Studio is an award-winning, fast-paced, full-service product development firm located in Seattle’s booming South Lake Union tech center. We are searching for an exceptional senior level electrical engineer, to join our dynamic and talented team. Our diverse group moves ideas from sketch to reality with a wide range of clients. We are obsessed with creating inspiring products that enhance people’s lives for consumer, research, industrial and medical applications and we have fun doing it!
PCS is looking for a senior level electrical design engineer, with FPGA and digital design expertise that thrives in a fast paced environment who works closely with clients and our multidisciplinary team of firmware developers, mechanical engineers, industrial engineers and project management to architect, design, and launch inspiring new products into production. A candidate with specific experience with ultrasound is a huge plus. PCS is a collaborative environment where good ideas can come from anyone. We work in an open studio where you will have technical leadership roles on design projects and you will provide technical oversight and mentor other electrical engineers.
- Support and lead electrical engineering in all phases of product development that include scoping and project planning, assessing feasibility, identifying and de-risking technical elements, developing and validating product specifications, determining system architecture, detailed circuit design, testing and design validation, agency compliance, and manufacturing support.
- Design custom electronics performing schematic capture, source new components, simulate and perform circuit analysis, implement or direct printed circuit board layout, oversee PCBA fabrication, develop test plans and validate reliability and performance.
- Design for Safety and EMC agency compliance requirements, perform or oversee agency certification testing, and mitigate issues.
- Mentor and provide technical oversight of other electrical engineers.
- Scope and determine work breakdown on projects, identify high-risk elements and plan and perform rapid prototyping or technical feasibility studies.
- Coordinate and collaborate with clients, program management, and other engineering disciplines.
- Identify issues, new scope, errors, or unplanned tasks in the course or project execution work with project management and the client to incorporate updates to the project plan or modify requirements or deliverables to meet schedule and budget constraints.
- Make aggressive but achievable commitments and deliver designs that meet quality and performance requirements on schedule and budget
- 7+ years’ experience as a design engineer developing custom electronics.
- BSEE; MS or Ph.D. a plus experience on multiple projects supporting new product introduction through all phases of development from concept to production.
- Recent track record of successfully implementing complex digital FPGA or ASIC designs using VHDL or Verilog synthesis and simulation.
- Experience with implementing design incorporating industry standard peripherals such is Wi-Fi, USB, Bluetooth, RS232, and Ethernet.
- Experience integrating designs using 32-bit+ ARM, RISC, or PC architecture application processors or microcontrollers.
- Experience developing designs with industry standard interfaces such as I2C, I2S, SPI, PCI, RS232.
- Experience designing for signal integrity and low EM emission and susceptibility.
- Experience optimizing designs for manufacturing including testability, component sourcing and life cycle, ease of assembly, and cost.
- Experience developing products with low power battery operated devices, developing the architecture and power management approach, determining power budget, power partitioning, and implementing circuit design with switching and linear power regulators.
- Experience with schematic capture tools such as OrCAD or Altium and PCB layout or PCB viewer tools from Cadence Allegro, Altium, or equivalent.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and desire to support and mentor other engineers.
- Experience with design for safety and electromagnetic compliance, testing, analyzing and mitigating EMC issues, taking designs through agency certification.
- Good trouble-shooting skills able to effectively use all standard lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, data acquisition equipment.
Other skills/passions/experience considered
- Embedded firmware development expertise.
- Understanding of architecture, processing algorithms, and digital and analog circuit implementation for Ultrasound devices.
- Experience with LabViev or other test automation packages.
- Mathematical modeling application like MATLAB, R, or Mathematica,
- Experience (or knowledge base) with signal processing (digital and analog) applications.
- Experience with Spice or other analog circuit simulation software
Product Creation Studio is an integrated product design and development consultancy. We fuse our passion and expertise in producing artistic design and precision engineering to create, innovate, and solve complex challenges for our clients across the consumer, medical, and industrial fields. From burgeoning start-ups to top-tier companies, we make products happen.
We offer a benefits package, including medical/vision/dental and 401k.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.