The Project Manager is responsible for improving the process and quality across all disciplines at Product Creation Studio. This includes driving assigned projects to successful completion, maintaining client happiness and taking pride in building strong project teams. Must excel at communication, organization and be detail-oriented.
Principals of our Project Management Team:
- The PM team exists to improve the quality of project management across the company by establishing best practices and supporting each other in leading successful projects.
- The PM is to be the voice of the customer through the project life cycle, understanding the clients' constraints, priorities, needs and wants.
- The PM's role focuses on communication and making sure that everyone is working on the right tasks (no gaps or people working on low-level tasks).
- The PM should be in close contact with the client to minimize surprises and ensure that disappointments are communicated as they happen. Formal reports should happen at a regular cadence and be of high quality.
- Members of the PM group can work in other disciplines, but project management will be their primary focus.
- Endeavor for client happiness on assigned projects
- Drive assigned projects to successful completion
- Send regular status reports and communication with clients
- Build project plans and enter them into LiquidPlanner
- Work with team on keeping LiquidPlanner current
- Build project team esprit de corps
- Escalate problems as appropriate, including quality of work or account management concerns
- Support account management
- Quickly respond to requests for invoice approval
- Arrange project support when you're not available
- Support the Director of Project Management in the creation and documentation of best practices
- Participate in efforts to improve process and quality across all disciplines of Product Creation Studio
- Support sales and marketing teams as needed
- Follow Product Creation Studio procedures (e.g., entering hours)
The following are not responsibilities of the project manager at Product Creation Studio:
- Issues with the client involving money (e.g., non-payment of invoices, setting terms, etc.), this is the role of an account manager
- Ensuring the quality of work by the team is of the their area's Director (i.e., EE, FW, ID)
- Assigning team members to the project is the role of the appropriate Director
- The VP of Operations sets project priority
To apply for the Project Manager position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include 'PM' or 'Project Manager' in the subject line.
Product Creation Studio is an integrated product design and development consultancy. We fuse our passion and expertise in producing artistic design and precision engineering to create, innovate, and solve complex challenges for our clients across the consumer, medical, and industrial fields. From burgeoning start-ups to top-tier companies, we make products happen.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.