Lead mechanical design engineer
Do you want to... Fulfill why you got into engineering in the first place? Work on products that really make a difference? Find a high-energy, dynamic work environment where development cycles are short and you are exposed to a wide variety of technologies?
Critical innovation. Leading-edge technology. Continuous learning.
Product Creation Studio is an award-winning, fast-paced, full-service product development firm located in Seattle’s booming South Lake Union tech center. We fuse our passion and expertise in strategic design and precision engineering to create, innovate, and solve complex challenges for our clients across the consumer, medical, and industrial fields. From burgeoning start-ups to top-tiered companies, we make products happen. Designing Products for Positive Impact for nearly two decades, Product Creation Studio has fostered innovation and transformed ideas into meaningful products and experiences.
Stimulating environment. Collaborative culture. Inspiring people.
At Product Creation Studio, we are dedicated to attracting and retaining the best talent in the business. Our projects include a broad range of products in the consumer electronic, medical device, fitness, automation, marine and avionic industries and our growing client base ranges from small startups to Fortune 500 companies. Product Creation Studio is a highly collaborative environment where good ideas can come from anyone. We work in an open studio where you will work with electrical, firmware, and people from other practice areas where you will provide technical leadership on assigned projects. If Product Creation Studio sounds like what you're looking for, then we'd like to hear from you.
We are seeking a self-motivated, talented, and exceptional Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to fill a vital role in our expanding development team.
The Lead/Mechanical Design Engineer will own the mechanical engineering design of select new products. As an engineering owner you’ll brainstorm concepts, guide industrial designers in DFM, engineer design concepts to completion, partner with electrical and firmware engineers, and own nearly all aspects of product functionality, client deadlines, verification, validation, and manufacturing efficiency. You must be able to integrate with the team, working in tandem with us or as an engineering leader when needed.
- Expert in Solidworks (or ProE) in C2 surfacing and complex assemblies
- 7+ years in mechanical engineering in product development
- Strong product portfolio
- Lead Design Engineer on 2 mass manufactured (1M or more) electro-mechanical products
- Proven examples of designing to meet budgets and rigid timelines
- Demonstrated ability to create production data sets that fully define manufacturing requirements
- Ability/flexibility to work on numerous projects at a time and navigate shifting requirements
- Ability to self-manage, work directly with clients, vendors, and design teams
- Strength in computational engineering including FEA
- Skilled ability to assemble and make prototypes
- General machine shop knowledge
- Ability to listen to client/company needs and add value through billing efficiency
- BSME or engineering equivalent
- Ability to travel and support clients/factories <20%
- Ability to own BOMs and write manufacturing contracts
- Formal Project Management skillset
- Medical Device experience
- Consulting experience
- Existing client base a plus
- Thorough knowledge of injection molding tooling, metal design, handheld electronics, and computer design
- Electronics experience a benefit; including circuit design, PCB layout, component specification and sourcing
- Experience in automation, mechatronics, and kinematic assemblies
- Product Test design and implementation
- 510K, FMEA, and compliance experience
- Ability to quote work, develop product specifications, and document design history
- Masters in an engineering related field
- Experience in overseas manufacturing
Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and knows how to best deliver those needs
Works Well with Others: Listens and communicates well with both clients and teammates. Fosters a team environment that is positive and constructive
Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions
Achieves Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to Blake Stancik at MEjob@productcreationstudio.com and include Mechanical Engineer in the subject line.
Product Creation Studio is an EEOC company.