Lead mechanical design engineer
Are you a brilliant design engineer? Do you consistently streamline product development cycles? Are you the go-to player in taking great ideas to market? Do you want to drive innovation across the consumer, medical and industrial fields?
We are looking for an individual who will own the mechanical engineering design of select new products. As an engineering owner, you'll brainstorm concepts, guide industrial designers in DFM, engineer design concepts to completion, partner with electrical and firmware engineers, and own nearly all aspects of product functionality, client deadlines, verification, validation and manufacturing efficiency. You must be able to integrate with the team, working in tandem with us or as an engineering leader when needed.
- Expert in Solidworks (or ProE) in C2 surfacing and complex assemblies
- 7+ years in mechanical engineering in product development
- Strong product portfolio
- Lead Design Engineer on two mass-manufactured (1M or more) electro-mechanical products
- Proven examples of designing to meet budgets and rigid timelines
- Demonstrated ability to crate production data sets that fully define manufacturing requirements
- Ability/flexibility to work on numerous projects at a time and navigate shifting requirements
- Ability to self-manage, work directly with clients, vendors and design teams
- Strength in computational engineering including FEA
- Skilled ability to assemble and make prototypes
- General machine shop knowledge
- Ability to listen to client/company needs and add value through billing efficiency
- BSME or engineering equivalent
- Ability to travel and support clients/factories <20%
- Ability to own BOMs and write manufacturing contracts
- Formal project management skillset
- Medical device experience
- Consulting experience
- Existing client base a plus
- Thorough knowledge of injection molding tooling, metal design, handheld electronics and computer design
- Electronics experience including circuit design, PCB layout, component specification and sourcing
- Experience in automation, mechatronics and kinematic assemblies
- Product test design and implementation
- 510K, FMEA and compliance experience
- Ability to quote work, develop product specifications and document design history
- Masters in an engineering related field
- Experience in overseas manufacturing
- Demonstrated mentorship
- Puts the customer first: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and knows how to best deliver those needs.
- Works well with others: Listens and communicates well with both clients and teammates. Fosters a team environment that is positive and constructive.
- Leads courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and make timely, thoughtful decisions.
- Achieves results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize impact.
To apply for the Lead Mechanical Design Engineer position, please send your cover letter and resume to MEJob@productcreationstudio.com and include 'ME' or 'Lead Mechanical Design Engineer' in the subject line.
About Product Creation Studio:
Product Creation Studio is an integrated product development consultancy. We fuse our passion and expertise in strategic design and precision engineering to create, innovate, and solve complex challenges for our clients across the consumer, medical, and industrial fields. From burgeoning start-ups to top-tiered companies, we make products happen.
Our office is located in beautiful downtown Seattle, right next to Lake Union. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, FSA, 401k, in addition to a creative, friendly work environment.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants on any basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.